Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reader's Issue:I Hate "Blind Items"! It's Like Telling An Incomplete Story!


I just finished reading Terrance Dean's "Hiding In Hip Hip"(On The Down Low In The Entertainment Industry). It was an interesting read because he revealed the sexual molestation that he suffered as a boy. And he says that traumatic experience made him aware of his attraction to men. Terrance Dean also gives great detail about his relationships with women & how he loved the taste of them at one time. He recounts his life in the music & entertainment industry as well. But,every man that was hiding in hip hop remains hidden after you read the last page of the book.The author really is talking about his life on the "down low" & exposing himself only. I appreciated the insight that he gives women who have always wondered about this very secretive lifestyle. I just hate that he talked about these celebrities at all. When you give someone a pseudonym,it makes it hard for me to believe or even care about what transpired. So, I was glad that Terrance Dean didn't just talk about these famous,but anonymous to us, celebrities that he slept with on every page. For me, it's just like reading fiction. I mean, anyone can make up these blind items that pop up on all of these gossip sites. If you want to talk about the hypocrisy of closeted gay-bashing rappers in hip-hop,the message gets lost if your audience is left guessing.I guess one of my pet peeves is blind items!I freakin' hate them!

This video contains a clip from the Mike & Juliet Show. The author of the book talks about being on the "down-low". This was the subject of the show.

No comments: