Monday, October 6, 2008

Junior Reid Chattin' About "Madonna"! You Know She Wanted To Sign Him To Her Record Label


Did you know that Madonna wanted to sign Junior Reid back in the day? He had a huge hit called "One Blood" that made him a much sought after artist. He used to perform with Black Uhuru & his style is very similar to Yami Bolo & Michael Rose.I love this bobo dread so much that I went to Montego Bay, Jamaica to see him perform! He didn't perform at the Reggae Sumfest when I was there which was very disappointing. He has the most soul stirring voice & his songs leave an impression on your soul. Luckily, I got to see him perform in San Francisco at The Independent club. This man has been around since the 80's & he has reemerged as the most sought after artist for collaborations.He performed with Mims(This Is Why I'm Hot). He's also collaborated with Alicia Keys & The Game. Those songs were more mainstream than what he usually does. His music always has a message including the song I posted here. He's talking about why he did not sign with Madonna or any other major record label. Junior Reid talks about how Tupac & Biggie ended up after signing with big record companies. I think the song really conveys how much a recording artist's integrity is diminished after they sign that contract! In some cases it's like signing away your life! His lyrics are prolific & very spiritual. I love the rastafarian movement & I will post the artists I enjoy here. Hopefully, their music will touch you as much as it has me. Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am a big junior ried fan tooooooooooooo his music is so goog tututweng